Sunday, 7 September 2008

Strength...

after months of compromise
it came to a standstill
we fought
mom and me
over issues of our abode

to quarrel in a blessed month
is never my wish
but i guess i'm losing it
my sanity
my self-control
i'm incapacitated

despite that
i've not even informed her
of a bigger truth
that's playing the backdrop
of my existence

i don't think i will
at least for now
unless i'm ready to move out
to escape a shame
not incurring wrath on her

they called, two close ones
they asked why i'm gone
i just pretended
nothing's changed
they sensed me
they promised
they'd be there
but would they?

my life awaits tomorrow
when i face my students
where i drown my life
in the midst of their struggles
where i define who i am
from what i see them
where i keep my sanity
when i'm with them

please help me
give me the strength

No comments: